TOP 20 TRAVEL ESSENTIALS - 6 to 10

   Here are the next 5 of our top 20 travel essential list.  


A set of earbuds.  We do not leave home without ours.  Newer domestic flights and most international flights have separate monitors for each seat.  I was just on a Delta flight from Atlanta to Orlando and was able to watch a movie.  You can buy/rent headphones of course but why not take your own and save the money?  Plus, they are way more comfortable.  They are invaluable to me because I do not go anywhere without my White Noise app on my smart phone.  We will talk about that more under Essential Travel Apps.

    I always take a scarf with me.  I take one that is large enough to use as a blanket.  It can get really cold on some flights.  Plus, it can keep you warm once you reach your destination.  I pack it in my tote for easy access.
Smart Phone, Kindle, or Surface/Laptop.  We never go anywhere without our smart phones and Kindle.  We only take our Surface if we are working.  I have lost one before so if I don’t need it – I don’t take it.  We love to read.  You can download the Kindle app for your smart phone but if you are someplace sunny like the beach you will need the Kindle whitepaper to see the screen.  It is so much easier lugging around a Kindle than an actual book.  We use our smart phone for so many things when traveling.  If you are traveling overseas and opt out of an international package for your mobile you can rent or buy a TEP (#9) so that you will have portable WiFI and you can take advantage of so many great phone apps.  A lot of places offer free wifi but you can’t be mobile.  I love having the option to be mobile so that if we are out walking we can use MAPS on our phone.

When traveling overseas a great alternative to an international package for your mobile phone is a TEP device.    Checkout 10 Travel Tips on our website for more information on the TEP device.  We love ours and it is so easy to use. 

Sanitary Wipes – yes you heard us – we take sanitary wipes on every trip.  We use them for so many things.  For instance: sanitizing the tray table, seat-belt, and seat handles on a plane; to freshen up after a long flight; as napkins at our destination because it is crazy how many countries don’t hand out napkins with food; as a toilet paper substitute in case there is not a square to spare; sanitizing door knobs, phones, etc in hotel/apartment rooms; sanitizing the steering wheel on a rental car.


Comments

Popular Posts