Why write a travel blog? Aren't there a million already?

Hello everyone,


We are the Nicodemus'.  I work in the IT industry and my husband is a conductor for the railroad.  My husband and I have traveled overseas many times since our first overseas trip together in March of 2000.  This was a guided bus tour of England, Ireland, and Wales.  We are not a big fan of guided tours.  Only in certain instances (like when I travel without my husband) will I book a guided tour.  This is our preference.  That doesn't mean it will be yours.  Hopefully this blog will help you whether on a guided or self-guided tour. 



When I met my husband he was in the Marine Corp and had been many places overseas.  I think that is one of the things that attracted me the most.  Well outside of his handsome face and energizing personality.  He is one of those people who can talk to a wall.  I on the other hand have always been the quiet one.  Travel brings me out of my shell and makes me more like him.  It makes me a better person.  It brings me closer to God.  When I see this majestic world he created for us it moves my soul. 



When we first started traveling I don't remember anyone who could get on a computer and book a trip, most people would use a travel agency.  Since that time not only can you book all your travel needs, wants, and desires online; you can research everything before you even start to plan. 

I have thought a lot about the time it will take to create and maintain this blog.  I think it is definitely worth it though.  We want to help people the same way other blogs, websites, and travel forums have helped me.  When you haven't been somewhere it is always harder to know the correct plans to make.  We plan to blog each trip we take in detail so that maybe it will help someone headed to that destination. 


Here is a list of the countries we have visited.  (* means only one of us) While in the Marine Corps my husband lived in both Hawaii & Japan.  I might have missed a couple of my husbands destinations from when he was on active duty or contracting overseas. 

Afghanistan *
Argentina
Australia
Austria
  Bahamas
Belize *
Brazil
Cambodia
Canada
China
Costa Rica
Croatia
England
France
Germany
Greece
Honduras *
Hungary
Iraq *
Ireland
Israel *
Italy
Jamaica
Japan *
Kenya *
Korea South *
Kuwait *
Lebanon *
Lesotho
Malaysia
Mexico
Monaco
Mozambique
New Zealand
Nigeria
Northern Ireland
Peru
Philippines *
Poland
Scotland
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Somalia *
South Africa
Spain
Swaziland
Switzerland
Thailand
Turkey
United Arab Emirates *
United Kingdom
Vatican City
Wales
United States - we have been to almost every US state.  Almost!!

As you can see we have been to quite a few places .  However we still have a huge list of places we plan to see someday.  We do have our favorites.  My husband's favorite is Ireland.  I do love Ireland but the weather deters it from being my favorite.  My favorite is Italy.  I love everything about it.  My favorite city is Venice with Rome as a close second.  It is such an amazing country.  We have several notable runners up.  We love Singapore - we have amazing friends who live there, South Africa, Cambodia, Turkey, Croatia, Hungary, and Israel.  Actually we loved them all.  They all made an impression on our soul. 


When you read our blog we hope you not only find useful information that makes your travel more enjoyable but we also hope you enjoy following us throughout the world. 

If travel doesn't move your soul then the people you meet along the way will.
 
Our upcoming travel plans:
End of April 2017 - undecided.  Looks like it could be Norway or Sweden.  We had to cancel our plans to Nicaragua in March due to a scheduling conflict.  Once we decided our April destination you will be the first to know.


End of 2017 - beginning of 2018 - Melbourne Australia, Tasmania, and Singapore.  In 2012 we met a wonderful couple during our stopover in Istanbul Turkey who live in Melbourne.  In 2015 we met up with them in Sicily and in 2016 San Francisco. 

Comments

Popular Posts